Internship in IRDAI
IRDAI proposes to offer internship tostudents, who are citizens of India, pursuing studies in reputed Institutionssuch as IITs/IIMs/IIITs/Central Universities/National Law Schools and similarother institutions and are in their pre-final year of graduation or pre-finalyear of post-graduation.
The other terms andconditions of internship are as under.
1. The students should be pursuing their pre-final year ofgraduation or pre-final year of post-graduation in the above namedinstitutions.
2. The Intern shall be a regular student of the institution.
3. The internship is for carrying out project/get training inthe area of insurance only from regulatory perspective. The minimum duration ofthe internship is two months and a maximum of three months.
4. A Screening Committee constituted for the purpose willscrutinize the applications received and the candidate selected shall beinformed by IRDAI under intimation to the Institution concerned.
5. Based on their credentials, the IRDAI may consider offeringthem internship in different areas based on their aptitude and/or interest andas per selection by the Screening Committee.
6. The deliverables from the internship are decided at thetime of offering the internship itself. The interns are required to furnish adeclaration of secrecy before reporting for the Internship.
7. Internshipwill be offered at IRDAI’s Head Office in Hyderabad commencing in May, 2019.
8. The interns will be paid a stipend of Rs.10,000/-. No otherfacilities will be provided to the interns by IRDAI.
9. It shall be the responsibility of the Interns to make theirown arrangements for accommodation and laptops. Working space/internet facilityand also other necessities as deemed fit will be provided by IRDAI.
10.The project will be monitored by a Supervising Official ofthe Department allocated who will act as Project Guide.
11.On completion of the project, the intern will have to makea presentation on the Project to the HODs in IRDAI and submit a report to HRDepartment. The Intern will also submit a report / working prototype / model tothe IRDAI Library.
12. The number of interns will be around 10.
13.IRDAI shall be free to use all the research and academicoutput as may be appropriately decided.
14. The interns shallhave no right/claim for an appointment in IRDAI by virtue of their internship.
Interested students may submit theirapplications in prescribed format duly certified by the sponsoring Institutionin a closed envelope superscribed as “Application for Internship” addressed to:
TheExecutive Director (Gen)
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
Survey No.115/1, Financial District, Nanakramguda
Hyderabad - 500 032.
The application complete in all respectsshould reach on or before 5.00 PM on 31-03-2019. It may besent on email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(M. Pulla Rao)
Executive Director (Gen)