All General and Health Insurers(except ECGC, AIC)
Re: Guidelines on Telemedicine:
1. Medical Council of India has issued‘Tele Medicine practice guidelines’ on 25th of March 2020,enabling registered Medical Practitioners to provide Healthcare using TeleMedicine.
2. In the abovebackground, insurers are advised to allow telemedicine wherever consultationwith a medical practitioner is allowed in the terms and conditions of policycontract.
3. Telemedicineoffered shall be in compliance with the Telemedicine Practice Guidelines dated25th of March 2020 and as amended from time to time.
4. Provision ofallowing telemedicine shall be part of claim settlement of policy of theinsurers and need not be filed separately with the Authority for anymodification. However, the norms of sub limits, monthly/ annual limits etc. ofthe product shall apply without any relaxation.
5. This has theapproval of the competent authority.
(D V S Ramesh)