Functions and Responsibilities of Corporate Services Department
The following are the jobs listed as under:
- Conducting meetings of the Authority, Insurance Advisory Committee (IAC) and meetings of Chairman with Heads of Departments (HoDs) by coordinating various activities;
- Noting and drafting of minutes of the meetings of the Authority and Insurance Advisory Committee
- Noting and drafting of Record of Discussions of meetings of Chairman with Head of Departments
- Follow-up with the various Departments for Action Taken Reports (ATR)
- Matters relating to Gazette Notifications
- Maintaining respective files and documents
Conducting meetings of the Authority, Insurance Advisory Committee (IAC) and meetings of Chairman with Heads of Departments (HoDs) by undertaking various activities as stated below: -
- Issuance of notice for the conduct of meeting;
- Coordinating with various departments for receipt of items of Agenda and timely circulation to the Authority members, Insurance Advisory Committee (IAC) Members and Head of Departments;
- Coordinating with Administration department for facility management, travel and stay arrangements of out-station participants of the meeting;
- Coordination with Accounts Department for payment of sitting fee and reimbursement of flight and local conveyance charges to the IAC Members.
- Preparation of minutes of the meetings of the Authority and Insurance Advisory Committee (IAC) and the Record of Discussions of the meetings of Chairman with Heads of Departments (HoDs);
- Follow-up with the Department for Action Taken Reports (ATR)
Work relating to issuance of Gazette Notifications: -
- Formatting of the Gazette notifications received from the departments, in the manner prescribed by the Controller of Publications;
- Coordination with IRDAI Delhi Regional Office and Controller of Publications for publication of the Regulations/Notifications in the official Gazette;
- Coordination with Accounts Department for advance payment to Controller of Publications.
Maintenance of Records: -
- Record of Members of the Authority and Insurance Advisory Committee;
- Preparation of record retention policy of the Department;
- Classification of records based on record retention policy and sending the non-current records to Stockholding Document Management Services Limited; Tabulating record of the dates on which Regulations were laid in both Houses of Parliament (both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha) for the Regulations issued;
- Maintaining Attendance Register of the meetings;
- Minutes Book- Preparation and its safe custody;
- Periodically binding of the Agenda Notes;
- Record of draft Notifications sent for publication in the official Gazette;
- Record of information published in the website.
Preparation of Official Language Implementation (OLI) Quarterly Progress Report.
Providing inputs to the I.T Dept. for displaying of the pertinent data in the Internet & intranet websites of IRDAI.
Reply to Queries by Parliamentary Committee on Subordinate Legislation, reply to queries/information sought under Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 & reply to grievances forwarded by Consumer Affairs Department (CAD).
Uploading of subordinate legislation on IRDAI website for further upload on India Code Portal.